Content: any text, images, audio or video, source code, graphic design, or any other information that forms any part of this Website.
IP Property Rights: all vested, contingent and future intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright, trade marks, service marks, design rights whether registered or unregistered, patents, know-how, trade secrets, inventions, get-up, database rights and any applications for the protection or registration or these rights and all renewals and extensions thereof existing in any part of the world whether now known or in the future created.
IP Owner: any person entitled to IP Property Rights.
Owner/s: Society for Computers and Law trading as "SCL Student Bytes".
User: any third party accessing this Website that is not in the employ of or operating on behalf of the Owner.
Website: this website, including all assets and subdomains.
- These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website, and its Owners and operators.
- By using this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you should stop using this Website immediately.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to any modified version of the Website.
3. Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on this website is the property of the Owners, their affiliates, or third parties where relevant ("IP Owners").
- By using this site, you acknowledge that its Content is protected by IP Property Rights.
- Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Content without the IP Owner's permission.
4. Prohibited use
- You may not use this Website in any way that may:
1. cause damage to the Website;
2. interfere with any other User's enjoyment of the Website;
3. be harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening, or otherwise objectionable;
4. breach any applicable law, regulation, or government order; or
5. breach the IP Property Rights of the IP Owners.
5. Off-site links
- This Website contains links to other external resources that are not, unless expressly stated, under the control of the Owner or its affiliates.
- A link to an external resource does not imply endorsement of the resource.
- The Owner assumes no responsibility for the content of any external resource, and the Owner will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of any external resource.
6. User-submitted content
- On submitting Content to the Website, you warrant that you are the IP Owner of the submitted content and you grant the Owner and any other user of the Website a royalty-free non-exclusive transferable licence to use the submitted content.
- You shall indemnify and save harmless without limit the Owner or any third party to whom the Owner may be liable (including the costs of the Owner in defending any such claim whether justified or not) against all and any loss, damage, costs and expenses of any kind caused by or in any way arising out of the submitted Content.
7. Availability, quality and security
- The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- The Owner gives no warranty that the Website will be free of defects or faults.
- The Owner provides no warranties, express or implied, as to:
1. the fitness of the Website for any particular purpose;
2. the accuracy of the information it provides; or
3. any obligation to update the Content on the Website.
- The Owner gives no warranty or guarantee that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses, or other malware.
- You agree to take all responsibility for your own security, personal details or devices.
- The Owner reserves the right to alter or discontinue any part of the Website, or any service it provides.
8. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law all liability of the Owner is excluded regardless of the form of action, whether under statute, in contract or tort including negligence or any other form of action. For the purposes of this clause, the Owner includes its affiliates, employees, sub-contractors and suppliers who shall all have the benefit of the exclusion of liability set out above in terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the preceding clause the Owner shall not be liable for, any loss, damage, costs or expenses or howsoever otherwise resulting from
1. loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
2. loss or corruption of any data, database or software; or
3. any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
9. Data protection
- You undertake to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and any related legislation or regulations or reenactment thereof.
10. These terms and conditions
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person.
- The Owner may transfer its rights under these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by the Owner from time to time. Any revisions or variations will apply to the Website from the date of their publication.
- These terms and conditions contain the whole agreement between the Owner and you, superseding any prior discussions or agreements that have taken place.
- Save as foresaid, the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by b>the owner in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under these terms and conditions (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Business and Property Court of the High Court of Justice sitting in London, England.
These terms are effective as of 8 June 2020.